Network Marketing Online – What Does Your Brand Say About You?

By

network marketing online brandingA slightly different sort of post from me today about branding yourself when you are network marketing online, but first a little story.

So it was my daughter’s birthday at the weekend and her (much)  older brother decided he no longer wanted his i-pod Touch (!) so decided to donate it to her along with a set of speakers and a £25 gift voucher (nice brother !!)

She’s just 9 years old but loves music so it was the perfect gift for her really and immediately she asked me if she could buy a nice cover for it with some of her birthday money.

So we went online to look….

We found what we thought would be ideal which was a gel type backing and then a lovely brightly coloured sock thing to put it in too – the price was extremely reasonable and it was delivered within two days.

Of course Jen was excited when it arrived and we immediately tried to fit it only to find that it was a few millimetres too small…. hmmm – what exactly had I ordered?

There are just SOOO many different types of iPod it would appear and I had sadly ordered the wrong one – my mistake and a disappointing one at that for my daughter.

My husband (deciding to take control over the situation as clearly I could not be trusted!) promptly sat her on his knee and ordered from another supplier a highly unsuitable one with diamante bits on (that have already started to shred!!).

I thought I would ask the original seller if there was a returns procedure but the response kind of surprised me!

He asked me if I would like a replacement, which seemed a natural response so I had to admit that my husband had already re-ordered.  But then the second email I had from him stated that he had refunded me in FULL including the postage and he did not want me to return the item – clearly having a happy customer is so much more important to him and his Company and brand.

So before I go into the message about network marketing online for today, I just wanted to give a shout out to an Amazon market place retailer by the name of Symon who trades under the Kolay brand – please check him out if you are looking for electronics, photo, computer accessories etc because clearly they are people to be trusted because they value their customer service and their brand.

So here’s my network marketing online message for you today.

How often these days do you feel that you are offered tremendous customer service or just sheer value?  We are taught in Attraction Marketing that we should lead with value and always give first before receiving.

How many marketers doing network marketing online actually do that?

You see your brand is quite literally your reputation online and you should protect it fiercely by always acting with integrity – exactly as you would offline.  So here a couple of tips to help you build your network marketing online business with integrity.

1. Never discuss your business opportunity the first time you meet someone – it’s like asking a member of the opposite sex to marry you when you have just met.  This is even more important on social media sites despite what you see others doing.
  2. Give value ! – If you are new to your network marketing online business, then join a marketing system like MLSP where you can give away quality free marketing training in exchange for an email address
  3. Build Trust – Use video email (one of the 5 quality tools from MyVideoTalk) to introduce yourself to your new customer or prospect so that they feel at ease with you.
  4. Continue to pass on quality training tips, sharing good information to them and encouraging discussion and the occasional product
  5. Never talk down about another company or person even if they do to you.

And finally, I once heard someone say “Integrity is how you behave when nobody is looking” – a great tip to keep in mind when building your network marketing online business wouldn’t you say?

Network Marketing Online with MyVideoTalk

Over the last 18 Months I have generated Thousands of Leads online and become one of the top Income Earners in my Primary Business. If you are sick of tiny pay checks and would like to join a team where I take YOUR success personally and where we have EVERYTHING set up for you to succeed then Click Here to find out more.

Email: Nicky@NickyPriceMarketing.com
Skype: NickyVitality
YouTube: MLMDiamond
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Categories : MLM Tools

Comments

1. PJ Zafra says:

Hey Nicky,

Belated Happy Birthday for your daughter. :)

Our brand is definitely important. It’s who we are and what people see us as. It’s also a very strong magnet for attraction marketing. Once we develop the trust and rapport, our brand would show it’s true power. :)

Thanks for sharing this post! Keep it up! :)
    PJ Zafra recently posted..Nick Vujicic’s Story: No Limbs… No LimitsMy Profile

2. Nicky says:

Hey Pete – Thanks for that.
    Yes our brand is very important and I have to say it is pretty rare these days that you get excellent customer service – but as you rightly say, it is all about trust and when someone treats you well, you instinctively come back for more!
    Thanks for stopping by, great to see you here,
    Nicky

3. Hi Nicky,

Moment like these stick with us, we rarely forget them.

1 kind act, 1 moment of mindfulness, and not only does the company keep a customer happy, they receive a free ad too ;) Seriously, it is so easy to maintain a positive aura around your network marketing or any business: Be Nice!

Be thoughtful. Go out of your way to help someone out however you can do so. Taking the extra step makes all the difference, and each kind act is certainly prospered, so why not provide awesome customer service, the network marketing way.

Thanks for sharing Nicky!

Ryan
    Ryan Biddulph recently posted..2 “S” Words for Online Business SuccessMy Profile

4. Nicky says:

yes it’s amazing how when someone helps us, or does something kind that it is instinctive that you want to do something in return and I find it a great mantra to live by.

Thanks Ryan,
    Nicky

5. Wow. That’s branding at it’s best!! I would like to shop there. Lol
    Rodney Daniely recently posted..Can You Dedicate 100 Days Towards Your Business??My Profile

6. Nicky says:

Yes not bad huh? and pretty rare these days!
    Thanks Rodney
    Nicky

7. Perfecto Nicky! Such a real eye opener for many when it comes to Branding yourself online. I agree that you must maintain a very strong sense of integrity with your brand. I know for myself I am always making sure that I am doing my best to maintain that. Your brand and reputation is so important because it is your lively hood. Thanks for sharing Nicky! Your a amazing leader!!

8. Nicky wow what a realization moment that was and great one at that. You are so right here I wonder if so many people stopped chasing the dollar and were really out to help people what would happen.

Steve
    Steve Shoemaker recently posted..Internet Network Marketing: Are Expensive Autoships Killing Your Business?My Profile

9. What a great story. It is so frustrating when a person just throws up at what they do and what you should do, even if you are not in a place to look. Thanks for the tips.
    Alecia Stringer recently posted..RhodiGandha ReviewMy Profile

10. Gina Ghafari says:

Hi Nicky
    I love your way of delivering your message, that’s what branding is all about.
    I’m glad I came across you blog today, and especially your awsome post about branding yourself.
    We seem to share a lot of common values ;-)

“When One Teaches, Two Learn”
    Gina Ghafari recently posted..How To Brand A CompanyMy Profile

11. Adrienne says:

Happy belated birthday Jen and what a wonderful tribute to Symon. I’m sure he greatly appreciates that extra boost.

You are so right about the brand Nicky. We all should go the extra mile to help our prospects in any way possible. Don’t make them feel uncomfortable or start bombarding them with your opportunity. Patience really does pay off in the end. Your reputation is what’s going to carry you for years in this industry so make it a good one.

Wonderful post and thanks for sharing your shopping experience with us as well.

~Adrienne
    Adrienne recently posted..Are You Ready To Be ChallengedMy Profile

12. Yes, Yes, and yes, Nicky!

What a few dollars against keeping a happy customer! Your story reminded me mine not long ago.

I purchased 6 domains for an affiliate marketer student of mine (which she paid me back) but who has long since (a year ago) dropped form the online scene. I had totally forgotten about those domains and they were on automatic renewal and I was charged about $50 for domain that weren’t mine.

I called their customer service right away and asked them to be reimbursed considering the situation, and they refused. So, what I did is this…

I canceled all the domains immediately and I transferred mine to another domain merchant where I was already registered with other domains anyway.

So, yes, they’ve got their $50 but they won’t see me again:) What a bad costumer service. Who wants to work like that?

Thank you for confirming this with your story and post :)
    Sylviane Nuccio recently posted..How To Find A Writing Discipline That Doesn’t HurtMy Profile

13. Hi Nicky, I enjoyed this analogy – we all run into this from time to time. If the business does not reply in a cooperative manner, they loose us as customers. In your case however, you were so excited about it that you blogged the situation and told us about integrity.
    I feel like integrity is the basis of business. “the customer is always right” still holds true no matter what we offer.
    Having Integrity does more for your business that you would think.
    Having communication with people that work with us is the key. Ask them questions about how they are satisfied with what we provide.
    That is what I love about the go-giving theory.
    Thank you for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.
    Donna
    Donna Merrill recently posted..Love And The EntrepreneurMy Profile

14. First of all, great story. And definitely unusual, but look what what happened… this vendor now has your glowing recommendation and promotion! Sounds like it’s worth a few bucks in a returned product fee. You can’t buy that kind of good publicity.

Second, and to your networking point, integrity is so important and speaks entirely to your brand and how you conduct business. In a world where everything is so “social” we all have to remember that EVERYTHING we say and do reflects on us and our personal brand and even on our company brand. There’s really no distinction anymore. So it’s well advised to treat people with care and respect and always conduct your business as you would want from someone else.
    Carol Lynn Rivera recently posted..Are your marketing materials ugly? Yes and No. Here’s why and how to avoid it.My Profile

15. Akos Fintor says:

Hey Nicky,

Attraction marketing is all about giving without expecting anything in return.
    It actually feels very good.
    I usually get contacted by strangers via Skype where they simply ask me questions about online/network marketing and such.
    There is absolutely nothing in it for me except it is a great ego booster :)

Giving is the name of the game in network marketing.
    Anybody with me on that?
    Akos Fintor recently posted..How the Core of Online Marketing has ChangedMy Profile

16. Nicky says:

Thanks April and I know you take your brand very seriously too and give out tons of value!
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Nicky

17. Nicky says:

I agree Steve – if more people lived by giving value out to others first, then this world would be such a wonderful place to be!
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Nicky

18. Roger Garth says:

Hi Nicky, I couldn’t agree more. Luckily there really are more people who respect integrity than there are who try to cheat their way through life; it’s just that the cheats get the publicity… but when you get it right, as your electronics supplier did, then good people spread the word too, just like you are doing in your post.

You know what they say ‘what goes around comes around’.

Roger Garth
    Roger Garth recently posted..How To Write Articles And Influence PeopleMy Profile

19. Nicky says:

Thanks Adrienne and yes you are so right – your reputation will carry you for years if you build it well and guard it well!

Thanks for your comments,
    Nicky

20. Nicky says:

Ha yes – I could certainly name a few bad customer service experiences as well Sylviane, and i’m sorry you have had a bad experience too.

My Dad is of the “old school” type – he will never complain – he would just never return to a venue or or restaurant etc, but I feel if someone has done something you feel is not right, that you should give them the chance to put it right. It’s an interesting point though.

Thanks for stopping by Sylviane, your comments are appreciated,
    Nicky

21. Nicky says:

That’s so true Donna – yes feedback is key to helping us improve what we do to provide the
    best possible service.
    Nicky

22. Nicky says:

Thanks Alecia and yes I agree – nothing is worse than a so called “marketer” who just throws up their opportunity at every available opportunity, but people are just starting to ignore all this now.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Nicky

23. Nicky says:

Thanks for your first visit to my blog Gina, it is a pleasure to have you here and I shall be hopping over to take a look at yours right now!
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Nicky

24. Sanna says:

Hi Nicky,
    Excellent post and on a subject that I´ve thought a lot about.
    How good leaders are “leaders”? is a question that I´ve dealt with a lot lately.
    When starting out online there are so many “leaders” promising you “gold and green forests” (a swedish expression) and once you´re in, they´re gone.
    Many disappointments really.
    Makes me really think about how do I want to be a leader and how can I help and deliver value to someone that needs support?
    How can I be my best?