A slightly different sort of post from me today about branding yourself when you are network marketing online, but first a little story.
So it was my daughter’s birthday at the weekend and her (much) older brother decided he no longer wanted his i-pod Touch (!) so decided to donate it to her along with a set of speakers and a £25 gift voucher (nice brother !!)
She’s just 9 years old but loves music so it was the perfect gift for her really and immediately she asked me if she could buy a nice cover for it with some of her birthday money.
So we went online to look….
We found what we thought would be ideal which was a gel type backing and then a lovely brightly coloured sock thing to put it in too – the price was extremely reasonable and it was delivered within two days.
Of course Jen was excited when it arrived and we immediately tried to fit it only to find that it was a few millimetres too small…. hmmm – what exactly had I ordered?
There are just SOOO many different types of iPod it would appear and I had sadly ordered the wrong one – my mistake and a disappointing one at that for my daughter.
My husband (deciding to take control over the situation as clearly I could not be trusted!) promptly sat her on his knee and ordered from another supplier a highly unsuitable one with diamante bits on (that have already started to shred!!).
I thought I would ask the original seller if there was a returns procedure but the response kind of surprised me!
He asked me if I would like a replacement, which seemed a natural response so I had to admit that my husband had already re-ordered. But then the second email I had from him stated that he had refunded me in FULL including the postage and he did not want me to return the item – clearly having a happy customer is so much more important to him and his Company and brand.
So before I go into the message about network marketing online for today, I just wanted to give a shout out to an Amazon market place retailer by the name of Symon who trades under the Kolay brand – please check him out if you are looking for electronics, photo, computer accessories etc because clearly they are people to be trusted because they value their customer service and their brand.
So here’s my network marketing online message for you today.
How often these days do you feel that you are offered tremendous customer service or just sheer value? We are taught in Attraction Marketing that we should lead with value and always give first before receiving.
How many marketers doing network marketing online actually do that?
You see your brand is quite literally your reputation online and you should protect it fiercely by always acting with integrity – exactly as you would offline. So here a couple of tips to help you build your network marketing online business with integrity.
- Never discuss your business opportunity the first time you meet someone – it’s like asking a member of the opposite sex to marry you when you have just met. This is even more important on social media sites despite what you see others doing.
- Give value ! – If you are new to your network marketing online business, then join a marketing system like MLSP where you can give away quality free marketing training in exchange for an email address
- Build Trust – Use video email (one of the 5 quality tools from MyVideoTalk) to introduce yourself to your new customer or prospect so that they feel at ease with you.
- Continue to pass on quality training tips, sharing good information to them and encouraging discussion and the occasional product
- Never talk down about another company or person even if they do to you.
And finally, I once heard someone say “Integrity is how you behave when nobody is looking” – a great tip to keep in mind when building your network marketing online business wouldn’t you say?Nicky@NickyPriceMarketing.com
Join My FREE Facebook Coaching Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MarketingCoachingWithNicky/