Traffic Generation Tips for Article MarketingBy Nicky
So you’ve created your first article masterpiece and you’ve proudly posted it on your blog and then of course, you expect traffic generation to occur miraculously, right?
And why not? It’s quality content! You’ve spent ages on your keyword research, you’ve carefully tagged your content so that the search engines will find it and you’ve injected some awesome facts and some of your wonderful humour into it. So now pat yourself on the back, go and make a cup of coffee and when you come back the traffic and comments, shares and tweets will all be in full flow……..
If only traffic generation was that simple.
Well actually, traffic generation isn’t that hard if you think about it logically….
If your content is good and you know who your target niche is and what their problems are, then there are definitely people out there who really need to see what you’re writing about. (By the way, incase you missed it, that is one BIG tip I just gave you there – solving the biggest problem your target prospect or customer has, is the BEST way to attract them to you)
But how and where do you get targeted traffic generation to your article?
Here’s what you need to be thinking about when you ‘re considering traffic generation strategies.
1) Your blog is amongst millions of other blogs out there and even ‘though you may have a different niche market to many of them, there are still likely to be many in the same niche as you, so you need to stand out and make it to the top of the search engines.
2) The largest search engines look at the amount of quality backlinks and social proof to determine how important your website is.
3) In order to get quality backlinks, you need to be creating little links everywhere to get traffic that’s going to one popular website to follow the link back to your blog (backlinks). But how do you know where to leave the links and how do you do it?
4) If you are creating content for your target market, then you need to work out where your target prospects or customers are “hanging out” online. So when YOU go online for some information, where do you look for it? Search engines? Well that’s certainly a good start.
5) What comes up when you search for what you want (i.e your keyword) in the search engines? Well take a look at some of the url’s and you will see that some are private websites, some are blogs, some are article directories, some are forum sites and some are videos.
6) Now if you used your keyword, then you know who is ranking already on the number one page. You can then also see where they have posted their content to create the backlink to their blog. BUT if it is not their actual blog that is on page one, then the site they have posted on must be a very high authority site and has ranked their content. Make a note of the site – it could be YouTube, an article directory, a major forum or it could be their website/blog.
So there’s two strategies to use for traffic generation.
Post a similar article to your original blog post (I would recommend changing or “spinning” a few words or sentences to make it slightly different, as Google hates duplicate content) and posting it to a few high authority website, such as an article directory, or a high ranking blog that allows you to post your content – but it must be in your niche. In each occasion, make sure you have a link in the article back to the original article on your blog.
Secondly you need to be syndicating your content out through the social networks with a url link back to your original article.
In tomorrow’s post I will show you exactly how and where you can syndicate your articles for traffic generation back to your blog.
If you found this post useful, please click on the share buttons to the left, thank you and if you would like to see a free webinar on article marketing and traffic generation, then click the picture below:
Tel: (+44) (0)7587 176155
P.S - Sick of Tiny MLM Pay Cheques? It's Probably Not Your Fault! - Click Here To See Why and What To Do About It Click Here For Instant Access