10 Tips on How to Get More Traffic To Your BlogBy Nicky
How to get more traffic to your blog is another big question that I get asked frequently, so I have shared some of my tips, resources and tools that I use to do this in today’s post – I hope it helps you.
So in my last blog post I showed you step by step how to do simple keyword research to find out what your target market is really searching for and how you can create a blog post or article around your keyword and post it to your wordpress blog.
If you missed it, you can read it and watch the step by step videos here.
I have also previously written about the science of where and how to get more blog traffic– you can read this here:
So once you have created and posted your article on to your blog – what next?
Well what you need to do now is to drive backlinks to your website from other high quality, high authority sites like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Better Networker and from other high quality blogs within your niche.
There are literally hundreds of things you can do to create backlinks for free, but here are some of my favourite tools that I use that really do help speeding up the backlinking process if you are pushed for time. But first, here are just a few general blogging tips to get more blog traffic for you:
1) Blog regularly rather than erratically. What I mean is when you first get started blogging, you want to fill your blog with a good few posts before sending tons of traffic. My advice is to blog every day (or at least 5 days) – later on when your blog is more established you could bring this back to 3 times a week, but spread them out over the week. The search engines love regular fresh new content.
2) Organize your posts into categories to make it easier for the search engines to find your content and don’t forget to link to other relevant posts on your blog.
3) Use great headlines – look at other people’s blog posts that make you really want to read them. They are usually specific and maybe have a number in them. Eg. Instead of saying “Tips for Sponsoring and Recuriting” why not make it more compelling “17 Tips to Sponsor 3 Reps a Week” – Do you see what I mean?
4) When you get people to your blog, make sure you keep them there by installing plugins that show more of your content.
5) Attract people to your post with a funny or interesting picture about what you are writing about.
6) Post and publish on weekdays rather than weekends – traffic is usually more during the week.
And now how to Get More Traffic to Your Blog
Facebook Groups and Tribes – Post your article in some relevant Facebook groups and tribes. For general good practice, make sure you take the time to read other people’s blog posts in the group and comment and share good content. This is a great way to get people to reciprocate. Seek out some specific blog commenting groups to help you get started. You can even use the new “promote my post” feature in Facebook to get more people to see your content. Click the link to come and join my Facebook group.
Blog Commenting – Seek out good content on other people’s blogs in your niche and leave detailed and useful comments on their blogs. This WILL get you noticed and if they have CommentLuv installed, you will be able to leave a link back to your blog which is definitely a very powerful strategy for how to get more traffic to your blog.
Forum Commenting – Another very powerful strategy to get more traffic to your blog if you have the time. Go to Forums in your own niche and make useful comments. Set up a signature profile so that your link is left each time you comment.
Social Monkee – A great little tool for backlinks that provides you with a full backlinking list report so that you can re-submit the backlinks to the search engines.
Once you have created some backlinks from sites like Social Monkee – you can go and alert the search engines to the backlinks you have just created by “pinging’ them to sites like Pingomatic, PingMyblog.com, 247 Pinger and Pingfarm.com.
Submit your blog’s RSS Feed to sites like Feedage.com and Octofinder.com
IM Automator – just $2.99 a month and another super little backlinking tool
Social Clerks – Social backlinks are still very important
TribePro – Another massive syndication product where by simply selecting other marketers to syndicate their content, you can have your content syndicated thousands of times through all of their social networks – VERY powerful. Free or paid memberships available
OnlyWire – Instant syndication of your article to all your favourite social networks, works on its own or with TribePro.
ABC3K – Backlinking on steroids! – I love this.
The best spinner – still the best tool for spinning articles to post an alternative version of your blog post onto high quality article directories such as Ezine Articles, or on to powerful blog networks such as GoCube, Bizsugar or training sites such as MLSP, or the Better Networker.
So I hoped that has helped you get some ideas on how to get more traffic to your blog – If you enjoyed this post or got some value out of it, then please share it using the social buttons to the left and leave me a comment, and I will be sure to reciprocate!
Tel: (+44) (0)7587 176155
P.S - Sick of Tiny MLM Pay Cheques? It's Probably Not Your Fault! - Click Here To See Why and What To Do About It Click Here For Instant Access